Unhappy and unfulfilling relationships take a toll on our physical and psychological health. My guest on this episode of the Grace & Grit podcast, Sunny Joy McMillan, strongly believes unsticking these relationships (through improvement or dissolution) is vital to our mental, emotional, spiritual AND physical well-being. And living in alignment with our truth has very positive effects on the body.
Sunny shares her journey of what she calls “audacious self-care”, which for her looked like ending her high conflict marriage and walking away from her Instagram perfect life, so she could rediscover herself and step into the life she feels she was truly meant to live.
In this episode, Sunny and I also discuss:
- the necessity of doing your own inner work to create healthy relationships
- the cost of trying to fit into other people’s idea of who we should be
- the power of beliefs and thoughts
- how compassion is linked to motivation
- how to befriend resistance
- the wisdom of the body and why we should listen to it
>>Are you loving the Grace & Grit Podcast? Help us keep the mic on!