This month’s deep dive on the podcast is into the wild and seriously misinformed world of dieting. I appropriately titled the theme of this month’s podcast: The Death of Dieting.
Dieting sucks and more importantly it doesn’t work for the long haul and to better help us understand why that is the case, I have invited Traci Mann to be a guest on the show. Traci is a professor of psychology, founder of the Health and Eating Lab at the University of Minnesota and author of Secrets from the Eating Lab: The Science of Weight Loss, the Myth of Willpower and Why You Should Never Diet Again.
- We cover a tremendous amount of ground in today’s interview including:
- Why diets don’t work.
- Why you should focus on living on the low end of your set weight range
- The Myth of willpower
- Strategies for what will improve your relationship with food
- Why “obesity will not kill you”
- The incredible health benefits of exercise and why weight loss should not be the primary goal of exercise
>>Are you loving the Grace & Grit Podcast? Help us keep the mic on!